Wordless(ish) Wednesday: Abandoned

During our March road trip, Vince and I saw this beautiful, huge abandoned house in Hisarya. I made him pull around–we were on a 1 way street–to let me out so that I could take some photos.

I found the side gate open and was so tempted to venture in. But I chickened out as thoughts of being thrown into a Bulgarian jail for trespassing flooded my mind.

I am still regretting it. Maybe one day we’ll visit again and I can poke around the place (and eat more of the amazing fig ice cream I enjoyed nearby).

Seems like it may have been a school at some point as there were lots of rusting slides and playground equipment scattered around the property.

It makes me sad to see such a grand house in complete disrepair.

On that note…

Happy WW!

W.

(No linkies for the next few weeks as I settle into my Alaska life and wait for some reliable(ish) internet. Sorry!)

8 Comments on Wordless(ish) Wednesday: Abandoned

1. andyetbandit
    May 22, 2012 at 9:04 am (2 years ago)

Joli blog :)

2. travellingmo
    May 14, 2012 at 11:52 am (2 years ago)

Wow!!! That house looks incredible! You’ve captured it so well. I love your photos of abandoned Bulgarian properties, they are so imposing and mysterious!

3. Nat
    May 14, 2012 at 8:01 am (2 years ago)

This is an awesome picture. If I were with you, I would have gone in! Maybe….er, probably not. I’m a rule follower :) I would love to buy that place and fix it up to live in.Of course, since I’m not a self-made millionaire, it will have to be a pipe dream!

• whitneybg
      May 15, 2012 at 9:15 pm (2 years ago)

I am a rule follower too. All the way! It was such a pretty house in person. The pictures don’t actually do it justice.

4. Helen
    May 9, 2012 at 10:32 am (2 years ago)

What haunting photos, especially with the overgrown playground. Beautiful, though… it could be such a gorgeous house.

• whitneybg
      May 13, 2012 at 10:19 pm (2 years ago)

It could be so beautiful, I agree! I really would love to know more about it.

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Wordless(ish) Wednesday: Abandoned

Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'comment_style' not found or invalid function name in /home/whigra/suitcasesweethearts.com/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1694